Rathgar National School

RathgarNationalSchool

Rathgar National School is a co-educational primary school under the patronage of the Methodist Church in Ireland. Brighton Road Methodist Church was opened in 1874. Building was completed in 1879 and this included the church, a manse and a school house. The latter was placed to the rear of the church and access was available from both Brighton Road and Garville Avenue, to allow for up to 200 pupils. In 1896 the Rathgar National Schools were built on Rathgar Avenue, designed as two separate schools - one for the boys and one for the girls! The school itself came into being in August 1896, when it opened to 160 pupils. In 1971 they amalgamated and became co-educational.

For more information please click here